Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Charlie’s Bedroom

I wanted Charlie’s bedroom to be something that would grow with him. I fell in love with this bedding years before purchasing and when I was ready to order, the saleslady told me that it was out of stock! Fortunately she was wrong, and everything came together. I am still deciding what to put above a small chest between the doors to his closet and the door to the bathroom so I did not photograph that wall.

DSC_0233

Charlie’s bedding is from Eastern Accents. The four poster bed was in our guest room until Jack was born. It should have slats going to all four posters, but the chandelier got in the way. The bed and nightstands are from British Traditions. The bamboo shades are from Target (no longer available online) and  the three dog pictures and lamps are from Home Goods. The tole chandelier is from Jeanne Reed.

DSC_0235

DSC_0236

Rex built the three chalkboards with leftover door casing, plywood, and a few coats of chalkboard paint. Charlie loves drawing on them and lately we find Jack in here drawing sticks at the bottom of the chalkboards (and eating the chalk!).

DSC_0230

The rocking chair is from Charlie’s nursery and looks like one of his bed pillows was literally thrown in the chair. I must remember to do better on the staging!!

The trumeau mirror was a challenge to hang and is flanked by more dog pictures. These dogs, however, are a little more dressed up! Tole lamps also from Jeanne Reed.

DSC_0238

Charlie’s dresser was actually my grandmother’s buffet. The talented Brydee of Hey Studios fixed it up for us and did an outstanding job! I wish I had a “before” picture, but it was a cherry colored wood and had a flat base. The strip of wood along the base was coming off, so Brydee took the whole thing off and added bun feet. I sent her the website to the bedding and she matched everything perfectly!! Brydee pays attention to every detail and even painted the insides of the drawers! I have to say that this is one of my favorite things in our house.

5 comments:

  1. wow! this room is fab! you have wonderful taste. it screams traditional and southern....which i love! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've said it before & I'll say it again... MY DREAM HOUSE! Everything is so perfect! Love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the chalkboard idea, the whole room is adorable! I want to see pics of your whole house!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it! where did you get the monogram?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable!!! I would love to know where you got his monogram letters!!!!

    ReplyDelete