Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Jack’s Nursery

Jack and I have been spending a lot of time in his room lately. There really aren’t any toys in there, only a big comfy rocking chair and books. This boy is his father’s son - he loves books more than anything else. Charlie “reads” to him and I love to just sit back and watch the two.

Jack’s room started out as a guest room. We were in the process of building when I was pregnant with Chloe and we had the house plans finalized before we even found out if she was a boy or a girl. We have four bedrooms in our house; the master, one with its own bath, and two with a Jack and Jill bathrooms. The room with its own bath became Chloe’s room and we gave her the most girly-ish bathroom I have ever seen.  After Chloe was born we always joked that if we ever had another child, it needed to be a boy or else we were in big trouble!

Even though sweet Jack Hudson wasn’t “according to plan”, it worked out that he did fit our boy-girl-boy scheme and the guest room quickly turned into his bedroom. My mom helped me with the room and our motto was “use what you have decorating”. The walls were already painted this color and the bathroom is wall papered in brown and gold toile. It turned out great and can easily transition into a big boy room whenever the day comes. I am hoping he stays in the baby bed until at least 3!!

DSC_0251

This is the best I could do to try and take a picture of the entire room.

DSC_2046 (2)

Iron crib from Corsican. Bedding done by Pine Creek Bedding. I used their fabric on the bumper, silk sheet, and bed skirt. The ties match the curtains. Curtains were from Calico Corners.

DSC_0254

Mirrors from Anthropologie, chairs were Rex’s parents and were repainted. Chest from Hey Studios.

DSC_0256

The antique tole lamp was my grandmothers, the chest was in my mother’s living room, and the picture came from the local Wharton flea market. Who would have guessed?? It was originally  in Charlie’s nursery and has been in other locations in our house as well.

DSC_2053

I bought this piece of furniture for my old office that is now more of a storage room. We had it painted blue, my mom and I painted the gold and a local painter did the glazing. It looks streaking in this picture, but it doesn’t look like that in person. Birds are from Decorize, Crown from Hobby Lobby, and prints from Aidan Gray.

DSC_0264

The pictures were in the room when it was the guest room. I had this glider custom made for Chloe’s room and it took about six months to make. When I found out I was having a boy, I knew I had to use it again, but didn’t want to have it reupholstered (just in case I ever had another girl) so we had it slipcovered. They are not the best, but definitely serve their purpose.

8 comments:

  1. oh my goodness! this room is absolutely breath taking! Blows my Jack's nursery Out.Of.The.Water. and his was featured in Southern Living! ha! Seriously, this should be on the Post Tots website. ;) Thank you for sharing. You have wonderful, fab taste!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate, this nursery is beautiful! Love the crib and armoire!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the curtains mixed with the blinds...Joni would approve. Yes, I said Joni like I know her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! I am your newest follower. Check me out at http://designingdreams-sheri.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning!!! You are a girl after my own heart with this nursery, I have a feeling we are going to become great bloggy friends!!

    PS I am your newest follower!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! what is the paint color on the walls?

    ReplyDelete