Sunday, November 21, 2010

Seawall Half Marathon

Three of my besties and I ran our first half marathon this weekend in Galveston. The weather forecast was projected to be nothing less than perfect, however I think the heat index was slightly higher than we expected. I was so sore after the race and after 11 hours of sleep last night, I think I have finally recovered!

We are split on the decision to ever do one again. I think Brooke is ready to sign up for her next one, Abby and I may try again next year, and Kaydi swears she is done. I am so proud of everyone and really appreciate the support of friends who called and our families who all came to show their support along the way! I don’t think I could have gotten through it without seeing the pink pom poms waiving at every three miles!

Go TEAM CHLOE!!!

DSC_0299

Ready to go get Kaydi.

image

Getting ready to run.

DSC_0304

Brooke and Abby

DSC_0381

Kaydi and me

DSC_0329

Our cheering squad

DSC_0372

Charlie

DSC_0402

All smiles – the race is over!!

6 comments:

  1. Yay! Congratulations!

    Go team Chloe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of you!! I love marathony races. If Kaydi abandons you, you can come run with me. I need the motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the club! I can't wait to get back into training.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I was fully awake in the first pic! lol. I am soo proud of us for sticking with it and accomplishing our goal! My legs felt MUCh better today and I actually think I may want to do another one sooner rather than later! YOu with? Abby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Running Meme, Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting?I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoy simply reading all of your weblogs. Simply wanted to inform you that you have people like me who appreciate your work. Definitely a great post. Hats off to you! The information that you have provided is very helpful.
    concrete seawall construction

    ReplyDelete